Modern Art and Design Trends Visual Culture, Architecture, Interior, Furniture, Concept Cars and Designs.

The One Room Challenge- Week 6: The Big Reveal!



I am honored and thrilled to be invited to participate in The One Room Challenge, the brainchild of Linda from Calling It Home again. Without this challenge, my son's room will not be completed in another year or two, I am sure! Thanks, Linda!



If you are here for the first time and want to catch up, please check out the links below.



Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5



It has been a crazy 6 weeks of planning and working on this challenge and I am so excited that my son's room is finally done (for now)! This tiny room ( 8' 8"x10' 4") needs to function as a place for my son to sleep, do his homework, play and store his toys. And most importantly, it has to be done on a tight budget. 



My goal is to transform this crazy lime green room into a fun, fresh and creative space by using happy colors and modern elements. Do you think I nailed it? Let's find out, shall we? 



















































The befores and afters.











Before











After











Before













After











Before








After









Before








After



Did I have a change of plan from start to finish? Certainly. At first, I wanted to make a branch mobile with hanging paper airplanes but I figured it might look a little busy with the rest of the colorful accessories so I ditched the idea and hang just the yarn wrapped branch instead. I decided to add another desk lamp at the last minute because I figured an adjustable lamp will be more practical for reading and homework. It helps to illuminate the desk area better as well.



Overall, I am pleased with how the room turned out. Would I changed anything down the road? Most probably! I might replace the curtains with a roman shade, paint the closet gray (the same color as the stripes opposite the wall) and style the room differently. 



I am planning to discuss my thought process behind the design and share the resources for every item you see in this room next Wednesday so don't forget to stop by! (Update: You can check out the list of resources here.)



Please visit the rest of the participants from The One Room Challenge below to see their finished rooms.










You have read this articleChallenge / My Son's Bedroom / One Room Challenge / Our Home with the title The One Room Challenge- Week 6: The Big Reveal!. You can bookmark this page URL http://saranamusoga.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-one-room-challenge-week-6-big-reveal.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Comments "The One Room Challenge- Week 6: The Big Reveal!"

Post a Comment